Sometimes you don’t know what happen out there in the real world, so here are some interesting facts to surprise you!
- The color blue has a calming effect. It causes the brain to release calming hormones.
- If you are right handed, you will tend to chew your food on your right side. If you are left-handed, you will tend to chew your food on your left side.
- Men’s shirts have the buttons on the right, but women’s shirts have the buttons on the left.
- Bats always turn left when exiting a cave.
- The lion that roars in the MGM logo is named Volney.
- There are 1,792 steps to the top of the Eiffel Tower.
- If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle; if the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural cause.
- There are 34 million bacteria on every square inch of the human body.
- Parrots can’t eat chocolate; otherwise, they will die.
- It takes 17 muscles to smile and 43 muscles to frown.
- Our Galaxy is so big that it takes about 100,000 years to get out of it riding at the speed of light.
- The speed of light is proved to be the fastest speed in the universe.
- Each sun ray reach earth at about eight minutes.
The following is what I excluded from the book “ Science Facts” :
- An ant always falls over on its right side when poisoned with an insecticide.
- Ants never sleep.
- Ants can stay under water for two days.
- Even with its head cut off, a cockroach can live several weeks before it starves to death.
- The human head contains 22 bones.
- There are 206 bones in the adult human body.
- Every minute, 300 million cells die in the human body.
- When you sneeze, all bodily functions stop – even your heart.
- The longest word in English is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, a lung disease caused by inhaling silica.
- The heart is about the same size as your fist.
- It takes the light from the sun about eight minutes to reach earth. If the sun exploded this very minute, we would have about the same amount of time before total annihilation.
Alright! Are you ready for some weird facts?
- If a surgeon in Ancient Egypt lost a patient while performing an operation, his hands were cut off.
- No piece of square dry paper can be folded more than 7 times in half!
- Thomas Edison, light bulb inventor, was afraid of the dark!
- Armored knights raised their visors to identify themselves when they rode past their king. This custom has become the modern military salute.
- On 15 April 1912 Titanic sank on her maiden voyage and over 1,500 people died. Fourteen years earlier a novel was published by Morgan Robertson which seemed to foretell the disaster. The book described a ship the same size as the Titanic which crashes into an iceberg on its maiden voyage on a misty April night. The name of Robertson’s fictional ship was the Titan.
- On an American one-dollar bill, there is an owl in the upper left-hand corner of the “1″ encased in the “shield” and a spider hidden in the front upper right-hand corner.